Soap Creative LA seeks Senior Flash Developer
As a Senior Flash Developer at Soap you will work with the Creative Director and Design team to translate creative concepts and designs into interactive visual solutions, matching innovative thinking with innovative execution. You must be an original thinker with strong communication skills capable of leading a team of flash developers through a project and dealing direct with clients to present interactive productions and monitor feedback under the guidance of a lead producer.
You will also display a strong level of conceptual thinking and be able to convey the direction of projects with both verbal and with written communications.
You will use your development skills to bring clarity, context, creativity, interactivity, usability and intelligence to each project, both in the process of shaping the development strategy, as well as in the process of bringing design solutions to life. You will help set the bar for quality and innovation at Soap. You will integrate clientâ€™s business requirements and Soap produced concepts and designs into highly intuitive and interactive online solutions. A balanced understanding of strategy, usability, interaction, visual design and flash programming is a must. As a Senior Flash Developer you will also be expected to mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the development team, and clearly convey the needs of the Development team to the Strategy, Production and Design teams.
What you will do:
- First and foremost you will produce High-end ActionScript and client-side development for campaign sites, games, online media, and applications.
- Develop and maintain coding standards to achieve efficiency in maintenance and portability.
- Monitor and assess the ActionScript code written by other team developers
- Prepare and draft Functional and Technical Specifications Documents.
- Develop, test and deploy new web sites for both internal and external clients as well as implementing enhancements to existing sites.
- Manage yourself independently, working effectively and efficiently.
- Attend kick off and internal meetings for assigned projects and contribute in brainstorm workshops.
- Lead the development of immersive brand experiences.
- Maintain and strive for the highest production quality possible.
- Proactively identify/resolve issues and know when to push back.
- Actively mentor associate level positions and always act as a strong team builder.
- Clearly articulate the status of projects in team reviews.
- Work closely with Creative leads and Producers throughout projects, communicating regularly.
- Briefings as needed
- Response presentations on functional production
- Strategy planning & workshops
- Concept & Briefing sessions as needed
- Project status with Managers, Dev and Producers
- Time sheet Management
We are looking for a Senior Flash Developer that:
- Is a voracious learner, passionately curious about the world around us, be it art, politics, science, culture, business or technology.Has solid high level Flash development experience â€“ websites, applications and games
- Is an expert at design integration experience and GUI development skills
- Holds a strong understanding of usability and information architecture
- Has expertise with data exchange (XML, dynamic content)
- Is a strong systemic thinker with a passion for creative technical problem solving.
- Is passionate about what they do
- Has a solid understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator & HTML and PHP
- Has 5+ years of Flash experience in AS2 and AS3
- Is highly collaborative.
- Is Quick-thinking, personable, flexible and adaptive.
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Meet tight deadlines
- Accurately quote on times needed for specific tasks
- Work without constant supervision
- Has a keen sense of humor
- 7 year old successful and growing interactive agency in Los Angeles and Sydney.
- Big enough but small enough.
- A renowned team of designers, programmers, producers and strategists.
- Dedicated to beautiful, highly-functional design.
- Great relationships with high profile clients such as 20th Century Fox, Activision, Marvel, Walden Media, National Geographic Kids, Unilever (Lynx, Lipton, Rexona, Streets).
- Work hard and achieve results.
- Have an opportunity for a Senior Flash Developer.
How to ApplySend portfolio or list of recent links to jobs [@] soap [.] com.au
All submissions & inquiries will be treated as confidential.